Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Hiss-terical

Hurricane warnings. Flood warnings. Evacuation warnings. We don't have to deal with that sort of thing much around here.

Got an email from my mom this morning. They live a couple hundred miles south of here in the
oil fields.

They went to the football game last Friday night. They got a rattlesnake warning. There was some construction going on at the football field during the week and they had come across several rattlesnakes. The announcer was warning everyone to "watch yer step!"


What kind of penalty would you call for a snake bite? Ophidian foul? Illegal invenomation?

7 comments:

Headless-in-GR said...

(I really wished I could think of something smart to say, but I don't know enough about snakes or football!)

spookyrach said...

Headless! Shocked, I am, that a Texan, even a former Texan, would admit to such a lapse in knowledge. Sigh...

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I guess that is what happens when cheerleaders dance dirty?!?!?

Anonymous said...

With all the warnings comes the precaution to be prepared. If that small town high school is like others we know about, some students probably came prepared for possible snake bite anyway.

Talang Pula said...

how about...

homHiss-cide?
no? too corny? totally unrelated to football? haha.

Ola! =)

Headless-in-GR said...

Ok ok ok! I'll back up a litte and say I *DO* know football! It's just that I know it in a kind of glossed over way. Like I know what's happening in a big overall picture, but I don't know all the little technical things - like I know that you shouldn't grab someone's facemask. I know you can't tackle the QB after he's thrown the ball. Things like that...but I don't know all the *names* of the fouls...

Oh geez! Do I sound defensive or what???!?! Ha!

Baby Gator said...

What if the kicker went to kcik the ball and kicked a snake instead? Would they get a rekick? You know...kinda like a do-over!