1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Unequivically Egg Nog. Hot Chocolate is ok, but I am morally opposed to those little marshmallows.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Um, I guess he just puts them under the tree. I haven't ever really noticed.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White or maybe solid blue.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nah.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Whenever we can get to it. Never before the Friday after Thanksgiving and they come the hell down the day after Christmas - no ifs, ands or buts. Take 'em down and pack 'em up. Put the balls in the closet and the tree back in the coffin.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Hot rolls, mashed potatoes and the sweet potato casserole with the pecans and brown sugar on top. (Hi. My name is spookyrach and I'm a carboholic.)
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? All those great meals, crowed around my grandparents big, square dining table.
8. When or how did you learn the truth about Santa? I didn't ever actually believe in Santa.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yep. Sometimes all of 'em. Then we spend Christmas with Jackson's family and my family gets together for Christmas on New Year's. Dad always has to work on Christmas anyway.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? We have the coolest Christmas tree around. For years and years, my friend Janet has been buying me an ornament for my birthday in January. The first one she gave me was Wonder Woman. Now I have Superman, Catwoman, Batman, the Incrrdible Hulk, Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman from Casablanca, Captain Picard (cause every tree needs a sexy bald guy), Princess Leia, R2D2, Darth Vader's ship, the Tasmanian Devil, the Flash, the Wicked Step Mother from Snow White (I thought that one was especially appropriate), Krusty the Clown, Scooby Doo and a few others I'm probably forgetting. I get to open my ornament present on my birthday and get all excited about it. Then I pack it up with the others and forget about it until Christmas when I get to open it and get all excited all over again. It's a double duty gift!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love it. I don't mind driving in the snow as long as their aren't a lot of other idiots out on the road, mucking things up.
12. Can you ice skate? I don't know, I've never tried.
13.Have you ever fallen on the ice? Oh yeah. Repeatedly.
14. Do you remember your favorite gift? Jackson gave me three snazzy gargoyles the first year we were married. That was cool. When I was a kid I got a frisbee with a hole in the center. That sucker flew farther and faster than any plastic disc before or since. I still have it. I hoard it in a box in the closet and don't let anyone else play with it. Heh.
15. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Finding a good Christmas card picture.
16. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Lemon Chess Pie.
17. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I guess it would be the Christmas on New Year's thing. Saves us from trying to determine who's going where when.
18. What tops your tree? A sparkly star.
19. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I like 'em both. I really love it when I can find the exact, perfect, most coolest gift ever for someone. That is a lot of fun.
20. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I love O Holy Night when it's done well. Any of the old songs in minor keys are good. I really enjoy congregational singing of Christmas music in church. I pretty much despise most other Christmas music. I don't want to hear it on the radio. I don't want to hear it from the soprano soloist or the impressive ensemble in church. I don't want to hear it in the grocery store or the doctor's office. If I am elected president, I will ban Away in a Manger, Silent Night and Sleigh Ride. Absolutely. Christmas music is best when sung by a group of untrained amateurs. It is a participatory sport. Otherwise, it sucks. (Well, except for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Went to see them a couple of weeks ago and that was totally incredible. But, even with them, my favorite part of the show was after the sappy Christmas story, when they just starting playing kick-ass music. I wish they would do a Halloeen CD...)
21. CANDY CANES!! YUCK OR YUM?? Vast ambivalence on this issue.
22.What is your favorite Christmas movie? ~steps back up on the soap box~ I hate Christmas moves. I really, really do. I am such a scrooge about it. Yes some of them are funny. And some of them are touching. But, damn, I don't like to be touched. For the most part, they are stitled, affected and heavily cheezed.
23. Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman or Charlie Brown? Charlie Brown. That is the one Christmas show I will sit down and watch. I do love me some scrawny Christmas tree and some rich jazz.