Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Its 4:30 a.m.

...and I have nothing to say.

Ho hum. Don't you hate not being able to sleep? My internal clock is all messed up. I keep going to bed by 10:00 p.m., thoroughly exhausted. Then my eyes pop open at 3:30 a.m. each and every morning. This is one of those mornings when I can't convince myself to go back to sleep. If my clock was skewed in the opposite direction, I would at least get to watch some cool TV - like The Daily Show or the rest of last night's Thin Man movie marathon on Turner Classic Movies. But at 3:30 a.m., if you don't care about the sorry state of your skin or how to rotisserize that damn chicken ("Set it and forget it!") there is just nothing on.

So I am entertaining myself at your expense here on the internet. Here's what I know so far:

1. I don't have to go to work today. Or tomorrow. I don't have anything I have to do or anywhere I have to go. HA!

2. I went to church last Wednesday night. I did not spontaneously combust nor did a chorus of angels greet me at the door. I might go again tonight. (Jackson, aka Mr. Cleaver, is tired of cooking supper. He claims he can feed me there cheaper than cooking. However, I plan to milk whatever saintly benefits out of this that I can. I think we will at least get our Christian cards punched. When you fill it up you get eternal life or a free video tape rental. Your choice.)

3. I'm hungry. But it seems a crime to cook at this hour of the morning.

4. My parents have recently moved to a town of 11,000 people. There are 65 churches in that town. That's one church for every some little number of people. I don't know a lot of math, but I know that is an ungodly number of churches.

5. I like this quote from Lewis Thomas: "The cloning of humans is on most of the lists of things to worry about from Science, along with behavior control, genetic engineering, transplanted heads, computer poetry and the unrestrained growth of plastic flowers."


Not being one to shy away from useless filler material - here is a vacation photo. Captain Katie, Superhero in Training and her magnetic sidekick, Opie Capone Jr. Opie Jr. is evidently paying homage to Elton John, circa 1977.




Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

jonboy said...

Just so you'll know, the church kitchen is closed tonight. Of course, if you heathens would attend church on Sunday, you might here some announcements or at least read it in you "worship folder" (a.k.a. bulletin)

Unknown said...

Of course Jonboy forgets that us unGodly folk where actually visiting his parents at their new church during this past weekend. Well let me see, how many times has JonBoy made that trip to visit his parents since they made their move, hum, oh yes now I remember that would be none.

You are not suppose to post information such as that anyway JonBoy, now Rach is going to expect me to cook dinner now. You are in big trouble now Mister. I know where you live.

Jackson

Captainwow said...

a fellow insomniac - it sucks not to sleep. like a big 15 Amp Bagless Cyclonic Eureka, it sucks!

Carmah said...

Where is the love, people? Since Spooky is home, shouldn't she cook??? Then again there are places like Gatti's, Jalisco's, or the Casserole place...Spooky-drink some warm milk, put some Epsom salts in the bath, and dream about Mr. Depp next time you can't sleep. It works like a charm....

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

~thinks that Rach is going to kick Lace Well's head in~ Rach you could have gone and got breakfast burrito's and brought them by for us poor souls ~sighs really big~ that had to work.

Carmah said...

You know she should have brought eveyone a breakfast burrito....some to those who had to work...others like her favorite sis-breakfast burrito in bed....Oh, and she would need some sort of costume....Dutch milk maiden or something...

Headless-in-GR said...

SpookyRach in a Dutch milk maid costume...?

Aah...

I feel like I've just entered a black&white film, stepped into a room with a fireplace, picked up a book from the mantel and suddenly been swung around into a secret room - SpookyRach as milkmaid...

As for burritos - please send me one. As a Texan stuck in Michigan, I'm DYING for a real breakfast burrito!