* So there I was, sitting at my desk, when I was struck with a wonderful idea for a blog post. "Aha!" I said excitedly. "No need to write that down - I could never forget it."
* Been staring at this blank computer screen now for so long the screen saver came on. I've no clue what that really good idea was. Dammit.
* I have a raging headache. Maybe that's why I can't remember anything. Have I mentioned that the corn field across from my house is now over my head and starting to tassel? Danged ol' allergies.
* We leave on vacation on Saturday. Can't wait! We've rented a house on a mountainside and plan to sit around in the hot tub 24-7 admiring the view. Jonboy and his significant others are coming along. I think Jonboy and Jackson are secretly dating behind my back.
* Jackson refuses to grow his goatee back! He claims it's too grey and he says he looks "pretty" without it. I am incensed.
* We've been looking for a new house cleaner with no luck. Not even a nibble. Thankfully, today Maria called and said she can start cleaning for us again in August. The gods are smiling on us again!
* I just bought a nifty new copy of one of my all-time favorite stories. It's a hardback copy with snazzy endpapers and an attached ribbon bookmark. Makes me happy just to hold it. That is why e-books will never replace the real thing.
* The book is The Scarlet Pimpernel. I love nothing better than old masked avenger stories. Well, except for the Lone Ranger. He was ok, but he was no Green Hornet. The Shadow is probably my all-time favorite.
* I just had to venture into one of the back bedrooms to let Katie's friend Em know that her mom wanted her home. There are now two little girls back there, rolling on the floor wailing and moaning pathetically. They are deeply distraught because this is evidently the third evening in a row that I have interrupted their Barbie drama at the most climactic moment possible.
They disturb me. A lot.
* I would buy Katie some GI Joe's and a few Transformers, but I think it would be an exercise in futility. Transformers - Prom Dates in Disguise!