* The family reunion went well, although it was almost terminally boring. I thought about trying some of Presby Gal’s suggestions, but I don’t think anyone would have noticed.
* The very best part of the reunion was the fact that Cousin Ralph, the guy who hit on me last time, decided that Jackson would be his new best friend this time. He’s really a nice guy, but one of those people that we southerners like to describe, with a pat on the knee, as “a bit slow”.
Jackson and Katie Listen to "Cousin Ralph".
* Jackson tried to escape his new best friend, but to no avail. He excused himself to go to the restroom at one point as a means of terminating the conversation. Cousin Ralph jumped up and followed, promising to show Jackson the way to the facilities. Upon entry, Jackson discovered there was only a single facility. He gallantly offered to step outside and let Ralph use it first. Ralph offered to share. Jackson ran away. Far away.
* We survived camping. It rained, but it was really nice, perfect rain. It wasn’t even very hot. I’m still waiting for the other shoe to drop.
* We had several wildlife encounters while camping. Wildlife of the West Texas variety.
* I’m working on five questions Patti sent me. I had planned to write my answers this past week, but my work email had swallowed the questions and refused to regurgitate them to my home email. So, this week, for sure!
* Our cleaning lady got a full-time job. She’s been cleaning my house for nigh onto thirteen years. There is much weeping and gnashing of teeth at the Spooky R Ranch. Katie is scrubbing toilets even as we speak.
* Three more weeks until more vacation! Hot tub on the mountain-side variety.
* Riding my bike home at 8:30 in the evening, in a very light rain - good. Real good. The wind and the persistent lightening that showed up halfway home? Not so good. If it had gotten any worse, I would've stopped at Little David's house and scrawled "Help!" on his driveway with chalk.