* I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner in my office today. That’s bad.
* Riding my bike home at 9:00 p.m. is infinitely more pleasant than riding it home at 5:00 p.m. That’s good.
* We are going to my family reunion on Saturday. I haven’t been since the year before I got married. I am wretchedly unfamiliar with my own family. One of the last times I went, one of my fellow attendees tried to hit on me. Technically I think it would have been legal for us to date. But I wish I had a t-shirt that says “I Don’t Date Within My Double Helix”. Or something like that.
* Tuesday is the last day I have to go to work this week. Katie is spending the week with her grandmother in Big Flat City. Jackson and I are hoping to go camping. I can hardly wait!
* The gods are conspiring against us and throwing all manner of Herculean obstacles in the path of this camping trip. Can I go on record now as saying that if we do get to go, I fully expect to be struck by lightening then swept away in a roiling flash flood or a raging tornado? Anyone know if there is a patron saint of camping? Is there a Saint Coleman?
* I finally gave in and went back to the doctor to have my cholesterol tested. They wouldn’t give me any refills unless I agreed to go do some lab work. The nurse called me with the results last week. Cholesterol: 177 I was way impressed about that. Then she got all snippy and said my triglycerides were out of whack at 168. (Gotta eat fewer starches, dammit.) THEN she said my thyroid is way, way high, which totally explains why I have lost weight, had a ton of energy and lowered my cholesterol. Once again, the heartless bastards intend to cure me of this problem and they cut my thyroid medicine in half. Crimony! What should have been a lovely, congratulatory phone call turned out to be a complete downer. I really wanna kick that lady’s butt.
* ‘Course that could be the thyroid talking.