Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I feel certain Christopher Lowell would approve...

So, we decided to buy some furniture. A couple of years ago, we bought recliners. It was sort of a necessity since one of us couldn't sleep lying down. But the overall decorative effect was not the greatest, as you may well remember.

We needed a new couch so we bought a purple one. And believe it or not, the salesman did not lie. Cats really don't enjoy sharpening their claws on microfiber. They do, however, thrill themselves by shedding copious amounts of white and/or black fur on said purple couch.

We also bought the green Rachelounge. So named because Jackson claims he can't say chaise. It is way all cool in a fluffy art deco sort of a way. Excellent for reading. Well placed between the fire place and semi-fake sheepskin rug. (Its not supposed to be fake, but I can't see touting anything I bought on the home furnishings aisle of Sam's Wholesale Club as the real thing.)

Now, all we need are end tables. I wonder if I can convince Jackson that these are THE ONES.

Quaint, Unassuming, Highly-Functional and Generally Well-Accepted Tables.

14 comments:

Patti said...

Of course you can! Just tell him all the cool kids are getting them...the purple couch is just screaming for them. I can hear it!

Miss Kitty said...

Oh, now I want a purple microfiber couch. If kitties won't sharpen claws on it...HEY!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Actually, I am really liking them.....they would really go with how you decorate.

Unknown said...

You guys dont encourage her. I am trying as hard as possible to "normalize" the house, not make it more inviting for the Munsters to move in.

Rach not just no but H E double hockey sticks no

Jules said...

Love them! And glad you went with the microfiber, I told you it was beautiful, not cat-proof!

spookyrach said...

I really do like the microfiber, cheesehead. And EvilSteve gets practically orgasmic about lolling around all over the back cusions.

C'mon, Jackson. You knoooow you'll like 'em. They're real purdy!

Normal = BOOORING

Anonymous said...

Rach:
Maybe those would make great furniture for the office. I'm sure your probationers would love to wonder who those were for.
You could put on your best Texas twang and say, "We don't send varmits back to jail for breaking probation, we send them somewhere else.."

Anonymous said...

This is not a want, it's a need!

jonboy said...

I think they're cool. I bet you could have them in your house and some people wouldn't even realize they were coffins until you told them. They would think they are nice, little, christian, decorative cross tables.

Patti said...

C'mon Jackson! Life is too short to settle for normal.

Anonymous said...

I can assure you that Jackson in no way has settled for normal! If he didn't want early Munster decor he should have backed off at first sight of Carmelita.

Unknown said...

Normal may equal boring, but normal also sells. Can not prep a house for sale and have an open house with those things hangin around. Talk about rent-to-own appearance. Jonboy I can not believe you are in on this, ET TU JonBoy? I think I am the one turning into the early crotchity old man. I already have to live with Carmalita, gargoyles and skulls. I think I deserve a little normal

spookyrach said...

Wait - what are you saying? That other people don't collect skulls? Shocked! Shocked I am to hear this! ha ha ha!

No normal for you old man!

Anonymous said...

Jackson you can sell to other Munsters :)

Living in a house out of the ideal home exhibition is not only boring it's stressful!

Keep at it Rach it all sounds FUN.

I read an article (in a school text book) about coffin shaped vending machines (for cigarrettes) and thought of you. It might have been spoof but the kids at school enjoyed discussing it :)