Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Google Fodder

I probably shouldn't post this. I don't normally write about sex. But when I came across this link, I couldn't help it. This is one of those things that make you stop and say Oh. My. Gawd. (If you have yew a good drawl goin' on you can stetch that out into "Owe... Mah... Gaawwd!")

I don't enjoy hearing about sexual escapades. But I don't want to hear about your virginity, either. Its not that I believe consenting adults shouldn't talk about sex - on the contrary. I'm also a big beilever in talking to your kids about sex. I think you should use real live grown-up words and everything.

But this seems so, well, stupid.

http://www.waitwear.com/

Explore this website at your leisure. Its all about making virginity cool again! You need to celebrate your celibacy! Wear it on your sleeve! Or your chest, as it were. (Did you experience some trepidation about clicking on the "Fun Stuff" link?) (And what exactly is a born again virgin? Is that different from your regular garden variety virgin?) According to the site "it takes courage to express the truth and not be ashamed." It must take a special kind of courage to plaster "I'm Saving It" across your breasts and then face the world.

Who came up with these slogans? "No Trespassing on this Property. My Father is Watching." Well, damn - that's illegal in this state. And how about the unfortunate arrow placement on the "Virginity Lane, No Exit Until Married" T-Shirt? (As noted in the fun stuff photo gallery.)

As you explore this website, also please note they sell "intimate wear", desperately espousing virginity propoganda. It seems to me that panties with slogans on them are going to be too little, too late.

Maybe they should say "IF YOU CAN READ THIS, YOU ARE TOO CLOSE."


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Born again virgin, you know Rach, remember the episode of King of Hill. Lou Ann went through classes at the church (Lord, Hank Hill here, Methodist). Then she was "dunked" in the lake and had her virginity back. You know, maybe that is why so many people have sex in the water. If getting dunked gets the virginity back, then if you have sex in the water, technically you never lost it in the first place. It was the same episode when it was discovered that Hank was not Peggy's first. (This is Mister Big, I tell ya what)

annie said...

Yeah, I think you've got the best panty slogan, and your slogan could do double duty, for those moments in a marriage when you'd just rather sleep!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

eerrmmm....I think that I would qualify for born again virgin. Just a thought.

halloweenlover said...

Ugh, I hate seeing stuff like that. It just makes me want to throw stuff at people. Haven't you heard of the new virginity, though? I read some articles where teens believe that everything except intercourse is fine, including or@l and @n@l (I am trying to prevent spammers or dirty searches). Some message being propogated, huh?

Captainwow said...

GAH!
horrid stuff.

Baby Gator said...

I don't even know what to say! If you will please notice all of the slogans on the girls shirts had the messages written across the breasts. Why don't you just put up a big sign that says "look at me look at me"?

Headless-in-GR said...

While I read it and wept through most of this article, your last line made me fall out of my chair!