Thursday, September 29, 2011

8 Fears

 

I don’t fear the reaper, but I do fear that y’all will sing precious memories at my funeral.

Life is a highway, but I fear the lack of two-way traffic

I think we should come together, right now, but I fear that someone will bring pea salad.

There’s a bad moon rising, but I fear the scorching sun will make it all moot.

I love a rainy night, but I fear the swirling water.

Only women bleed, but I fear men are more often killed by falling pianos. 

I am Iron Man, but I fear that I will rust without some fresh oil.

I walk the line, but I fear tripping over the curved stones.

7 comments:

Cyn Huddleston said...

Smoke on the water, but don't throw butts out the window in Texas. Awesome themed response.

spookyrach said...

Oh great. Now I've got THAT song stuck in my head. haha! (Don't mess with Texas. hee hee!)

esperanza said...

ew, pea salad. Ew, ew, ew. That give me the shivers.

Tauratinswe said...

If anyone sings precious memories, it should be done to the tune of Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly.

Lori said...

My God Rachel, that's beautiful....... thank you.

Beth said...

Further evidence that you are, indeed, awesome. Great list.

My word verification is "licsfism". That's a southern word, isn't it?

annie said...

What if we sing "there's a bad moon rising" to the tune of "Precious Memories"?