Thursday, May 10, 2007

Friday Cemetery Blogging

"If I've swept this place once, I've swept it a thousand times! If those rotten zombies don't stop traipsing through here, leaving their slime everywhere, heads are gonna roll!"

Have y'all noticed how eternally bored the angels are in cemeteries? You never see a happy one. I guess that would be considered bad form.

They remind me of the poor highway patrolman who gets stuck working in the driver's license office for the entirety of his career. Some of 'em, both the angels and the driver testers, are downright surly.

7 comments:

robkroese said...

Bored is better than creepy. I saw a statue of a little boy at Home Depot the other day with those dead eyes that stare blankly at you. I couldn't imagine why anyone would want that in their garden.

Jody Harrington said...

I think the idea was that the angels are supposed to look sombre. But you're right, they usually look bored. Like this one.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

You are so funny. I guess it is MORE FUN AT HOME THAN IT IS AT WORK.

I'm just saying.

Lori said...

Like I told Mindy, your angel blogging would make a bestseller coffeetable book.

This angel looks a bit disapproving. Just like my mama would look before sweeping my bedroom floor when I was a kid.

PPB said...

She does look crabby.

Unknown said...

You're so funny; I love this!

No Mas said...

Oh, but the angel statues are all so beautiful in their own way - especially with their weathered faces.