Monday, March 14, 2005

Carne Guisada Burrito, Enchilada Style, With Rice and Beans

You know you are in a rut when:

You go out to lunch with a friend. You go to the same restaurant you have been frequenting at least weekly for the last ten-plus years. You order the same thing you always order.

After you've ordered and are sitting back with some chips and hot sauce, enjoying some good conversation, one of the waitresses comes out of the kitchen, scans the dining room and sees you. She comes to your table and says:

"I didn't hear ya'll come in! But I knew when I saw the cook making those plates that you must be here."

4 comments:

reverendmother said...

Eh, that's not a rut! That's a ritual.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

oooohhh...I agree with the reverendmother!! And I will have extra enchilida sauce with that in a plate on the side.

Theresa Coleman said...

sacramental, even.
Pass the salsa.

spookyrach said...

Ha! That is the other half of the story, Janet! It was only Marty and I, so we were actually way quiet-er than usual. (The waitress also commented on that!)