Babygator tagged me to do 10 things a week or so ago. I've not had a chance to do it, even though there has been lots of stuff careening around in my head that I intended to use. Of course, now I can't remember the ones I didn't write down and I don't like the ones I did!
So, here we go -10 things off the top of my head:
1. I hate coffee. In all its many forms and permutations. It's just nasty and it makes you old.
2. I went to bed at 8:30 p.m. last night. Slept all freakin' night long. I had a really bad headache and it was either sleep or throw up. I chose sleep. Rumor has it that there was a prodigious amount of snoring, too, but I'm sure that is a lie from the pit of hell.
3. Jackson keeps asking me what I want for Christmas. I have no idea. I think I am going to be a total Scrooge about Christmas this year.
4. We started doing yoga at work again last week. It is a pale substitute for riding my bike, but I'm getting lazy and it is cold and dark at 7:15 in the morning these days. However, I have to admit, nothing makes me feel as good as yoga and nothing I've ever done has made more of a visible difference in my body than yoga. I don't lose any weight, but it seems to redistribute the lumps in a more pleasing manner.
5. Speaking of yoga, while I was waiting for someone this afternoon, I tested things out. I discovered I could put my foot on top of the filing cabinet without standing on my tip-toes. Flexibility returns!
6. I want to be a tattoo artist. But I want to paint tattoos on canvas instead of people, although, I'd agree to do them on people if I had to. If I ever get sent to prison, I plan to barter with tattoos. Ester's youngest son used to stop by my office for a Sharpie tattoo whenever he came to see his mom. He was my first customer....sigh.... the memories...
7. I'm re-reading Stephen King's Rose Madder. It not one of his better known books, but I really like it. Something to do with the way the painting speaks to the main character, I think.
8. Evil Steve has come out from under the bed. She still does not like Zoe the Poo Machine, but she finally realized that she can smack the hell out of the dog and make her run away crying. Steve it enough of a bully to think that is a good thing. Doofus Archie just ignores her, unless she gets too close.
9. Is it a crime not to take college courses if I can do so for free? Probably so. I should start. But I've had it up to my eyeballs with psychology. Same with sociology. The local U doesn't seem to offer many night courses in Art. Nor do they offer a master's degree in that subject. Maybe I will work on a Master's in English. But I think I will try to do shoddy work and crappy papers. I just want to go and learn, but I don't want to really work at it. I could just audit the courses, but then I wouldn't be working towards a degree and what's the point of that?
10. Am I the only one who gets sort of hypnotized by the action of pen on paper? I love the feel of it, the scratchy sound of it and the way a page full of carefully drawn script looks. I don't do nearly enough pen and paper stuff anymore. I write much, much faster on the computer, but it just isn't the same. And I miss writing letters.