Monday, December 27, 2004

Keep The Home Fires Burning

Posted by Hello


This card is my favorite so far, although there are a couple of others that come close. I took this photo while visiting my brother who was the newspaper editor for a small town in the Kiamichi Mountains of Oklahoma. One evening he got a call that the antiques store, in an impressive three story Victorian gingerbread house, was on fire. He rushed out to take photos of the inferno and I grabbed my camera and tagged along. Look closely at the middle and you will see an antique sewing machine silhouetted in the flame. This was in 1995 or 1996.

1 comment:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

One of my favorites!! I wish that I had your talent and wit ~sighs~ eerrmmm....I am sure you work for months and months getting these done ~snorts~